Try this and I seriously doubt that you will ever go back to regular pizza crust, let alone my old, lazy go-to, Pillsbury. This crust is flavorful and moist and seriously healthy. I’m not going to ramble, this recipe speaks for itself. You have to give it a try.
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes (enough for 2 cups of mashed potatoes)
2 Cups Almond Flour
2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1. Peel, chop and boil the sweet potatoes. Boil for about 15 minutes or until easily pierced by a fork.
2. Drain the pot and mash the sweet potatoes. I did this by hand and it worked perfectly.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Measure out 2 cups of the mashed sweet potatoes and put in a large bowl. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle a bit of almond flour onto the paper.
5. Form dough into a ball on the baking sheet and press into a large circle. It should be about 1/2 inch thick.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and TOP it! Be creative with this. For my pizza, I added sauteed onions and kale to the sauce. I spread a thin layer of the sauce onto the pizza then topped that with baked chicken that I made earlier and low fat shredded mozzarella cheese.
8. Broil in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted! ENJOY!
Macros: 1808 calories, 120 fat, 100 carbs, 56 protein (For the crust only, no toppings. This is for the entire recipe.)
Let me know if you try this and love it like we do! Instagram it and tag me in pics @amodernshorelife