Need a quick dinner idea? Here’s one for you. This came about when I woke up on a nice Saturday morning to some beautiful weather. I immediately started thinking spring ingredients and recipes.
I can honestly say, I subconsciously start changing my meals and the ingredients I use as the weather changes. Yes, this is partly due to the fresh produce that is readily available during certain types of the year, but I really think that the weather strongly affects my mood, habits and apparently the food I like to cook too!
Disclaimer: These “what’s for dinner” posts are not meant to be detailed, original recipes created by me. They’re quick, healthy and semi-homemade meals we have tried and loved! So Sandra Lee of me.
For this dinner, you start off with a springy salad full of fresh spinach, walnuts, strawberries, and (my favorite part) asparagus.
Here’s what you do:
– Bake the asparagus at 425 degrees for 15 minutes with some olive oil, salt and pepper
– Wash and prep the spinach and strawberries
– At the bottom of your salad bowl mix olive oil and raspberry infused balsamic vinegar (use the ratio you like, mine is always heavy on balsamic vinegar- don’t be afraid to taste test!)
– Let the asparagus cool and chop it into pieces that are a inch or two long
– Add the spinach, strawberries, walnuts and asparagus and toss it!
This was amazing! I loved the “odd” combo. The salty asparagus, tart strawberries and nuts complemented each other perfectly!
Next? Fiesta-lime flounder topped with a corn salsa, of course!
– Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
– Prep your salsa! Just combine corn, diced tomatoes, chopped avocado, and diced cilantro.
– Squeeze one lime onto the salsa and toss it!
– Sprinkle the flounder with Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Fiesta-Lime Seasoning Blend (0 calories, 0 fat, 0 sodium, 0 carbs, 100% diet friendly)
– Bake the flounder for about 20 minutes
– Top it with the corn salsa and serve!
Voila! Now it’s your turn. Tell me your healthy weeknight dinner ideas!