Happy Sunday! Let’s jump on in!
1. I’m trying to get back in the blogging game. Don’t quote me- I know, you won’t. But I want to! Life hasn’t calmed down since my husband’s return from six months at Fort Leonardwood. We had a lot of traveling, some stressful family stuff, lots of doctors appointments for all three of us, and shoulder surgery for the hubs. Lately I don’t think twice about blogging and only do so when I’m inspired which isn’t such a bad thing! That being said, I’m pretty inspired right now, so fingers crossed!
2. I’ve been running more. I know, shock. Horror. I don’t care what anyone says “after _ miles it becomes second nature!” I don’t think I’m ever going to be addicted to it and don’t have any desire to ever run more than a 10K. A 10K is more than enough for me! That’s just me- though I did just read a recap of a 100 miler and it did get me a little inspired! I actually am trying to train for a 10K across the Bay Bridge, but aside from that my goal is to remain in good enough shape to be able to run a 10K if I so desired.
3. We’ve become morning people. Well, for like a week and a half now, but still! That’s why I’ve been enjoying running. I’ve been loving the WAY I’m doing it. I wake up when it’s less INSANELY HOT, take my dog, and set a distance. I’m less focused on pace right now. I enjoy my surroundings, get some endorphins going and outside time to start my day off right, and at least make sure to make that distance I set for myself no matter the time. I’m totally ok with stopping and walking when need be rather than stopping completely. My pace will improve, I’m not worried. My asthma and breathing already has.
4. We went peach picking the other week. I found out that the place we always go apple picking had one weekend of peach picking at the end of the summer and I was like, yes! My husband had drill, so it was just me and the babe. It was a short ordeal overall, but he thought it was awesome and he was much more helpful this year! Able to reach more fruit and pick out the good vs. the bad. I always say I will only get the little size, but without fail we get the big size because we’re there and “might as well”. So far I’ve made peach cobbler (but not a healthy version which I want to try), peach crisp (recipe coming soon to the blog!) and a salad with peaches. We gave quite a few away thankfully so we’re almost done with our supply now.
5. I’m seriously debating going gluten free. I think it might help me out with some of my health issues and probably health issues I never realized I had. I don’t eat pasta or bread often and when I do I have terrible stomach aches. The other day I ate a whole boatload of gluten free pasta and no terrible stomach ache! I’ve been testing the waters with some gluten free recipes too and researching it a bit, but haven’t fully “gone all in” yet. Have any of you done it? What did you think?
6. Football is starting this week!! And guess what, I’m doing Fantasy. I’m not going to do well, I know, but I am talking trash already. I’m playing with my husband’s work friends, who I don’t know at all so I probably shouldn’t, but I can’t help it! One man’s team name is Big Ben Likes TD’s…. so being the Ravens loving, Pittsburgh hating girl I am, I inappropriately named my team “Big Ben Likes Big….” well, you can guess the rest. I’m just so excited for cozy Sundays where I cook and football is on all day.
Speaking of football, in honor of the start of football, Bodybuilding.com is running a NFL Kickoff Campaign! Here are some of the deals you can get if you want!