- First things first, we just got back from a mini-“vacation” at the National Harbor in Maryland. It was really a couples retreat the army offers to married couples. We stayed at the Gaylord. I work with some people at the Gaylord and they knew I was coming so they so sweetly upgraded us to the most amazing suite! I couldn’t believe my eyes, I was actually about to cry and freak out at the same time. The retreat was pretty cool too. Learned a few techniques my husband and I want to try…. hopefully we can put them into action, and got some date time.
- In all actuality, this trip was just a few short days, but it felt like a real getaway, so coming back home is a bit saddening. I love coming home, but the weekend is over and it was one of those weekends where you feel like you need another weekend after the weekend. So tiring! Plus, we ate whatever we wanted and didn’t exercise so I feel a bit blah. I need to get back on the horse! This next week, my goal is to go on more walks with my dog and son in addition to my normal workouts, really try to cut down on soda and other drinks, replacing them with water, and plan out some good home cooked meals so we don’t have to waste more money by eating out this week! Of course, in all the weekend madness, no grocery shopping was done. #neverenoughtime
- On a random note, I’m enjoying other (I say other, but I’m not saying I’m funny, just very much not perfect) funny moms and dads who embrace being imperfect. Yes, I follow some of them on social media, but this week I saw this roundup on Today Parents. Enjoy.
- Favorite recipe this week? Balsamic Roast Beef from Add a Pinch! I actually made it twice in one week and used a pork pot roast each time. I also added onion, carrots and mushrooms toward the end. Turned out great! My husband volunteered to bring a roast to a work party. I wanted to practice the recipe once and knock out a dinner all in one so I made it on Wednesday, then again on Thursday for David’s work party. It was a hit. I definitely recommend giving it a go!
- On Friday, I shared my advice on starting powerlifting (in particular, as a female) along with some resources and other blog posts on the subject. Go check it out if you have even thought about powerlifting or just getting into the weights section more! While on the subject, I wanted to reiterate how awesome one of the blogs I included in that post is. Girls Who Powerlift is what I’m talking about! Follow them on Facebook too. It’s a good one, I promise. Just go take a look 🙂
- As for my last random thought of the day, I just have to rave about my favorite store ever. I took Little Davy fall school shopping last weekend. We walked into Old Navy and to our surprise all of the kids stuff was 30-50% off. Yes, please! I love Old Navy clothes for him anyways (and myself, for sure) so I was a bit overly excited. I managed to get him 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of khakis, a pack of socks, a pack of boxers (“boxers, not underwear, mom”), and 5 shirts for under $100. Ugh, he looks so adorable in everything. I’m obsessed with him. And the clothes, too. I tried to get him to model one of the outfits. It didn’t work that well.
Anyone who shares perfect pictures on Instagram of their toddlers are lying/wasting 3 hours of their life.
I think these are pretty perfect anyways 🙂
Okay, I’ll stop.
How was your week? What are you looking forward to next week?