I’ve had this recipe idea in my head for several weeks now. Which is actually kind of sad because it’s not much of an actual recipe at all. If you’re looking for a recipe for homemade pizza crust and sauce, you’re in the wrong place.
If you’re looking for a relatively low-carb, macro-friendly, kid approved (made by my kid) pizza recipe that you can feel good about that’s also totally amazing tasting, you’re in the PERFECT place.
Also, if you’re one of those “you are a monster if you ruin pizza with pineapple” people you’re also in the wrong place.
Just kidding. You can totally make this with any toppings you like but over here at SHG (except for my husband, that hater) we love Hawaiian pizza.
I’m all about cooking from home and while making things homemade is great and all, I don’t think cooking at home is all that realistic if you can’t cut some corners sometimes. I am, however, particular about the ingredients I choose to use. You do your best and that’s all you can ask for, right? Plus, this easy recipe is perfect to make with your kids and get them more involved in the kitchen. Always a good thing!
Anyhoo, here’s what we’re doing today.
Hawaiian Flatbread Pizza
- 4 Mama Mary’s Ready Made Thin & Crispy Pizza Crusts
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- (1/2) of 13 oz. jar of Rao’s Pizza Sauce (We use about half, but use how much sauce you prefer.)
- 8 oz. ball fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 3 oz. shredded Parmesan, Romano & Asiago
- 1 pineapple, chopped (Fresh is best but canned will work well too. We use nearly a whole pineapple, but a lot is eaten during cooking.)
- 7 oz. ham slices, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place pizza sauce and spinach in saucepan. Heat gently over medium heat to wilt spinach.
- Spread sauce evenly over crust
- Sprinkle cheese over pizzas
- Top with additional desired toppings, pineapple and ham recommended!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted
- Slice and enjoy!
If you do this with kids, precise measurements are out the window 🙂
I made a little video in a new, possible series of quick, kid-friendly cooking videos called “Cooking With Davy”.
I swear after picking off the mozzarella, he loved the rest of the pizza 🙂 I should have remembered he decides to hate cheese every other Tuesday after eating Mac ‘n Cheese for lunch and spaghetti squash pasta with cheese the night before…… #kids
I want to see your “homemade” (or semi) pizza recipes too! Link them down below so we can all share in the pizza-y goodness.
Should I make more “Cooking With Davy” videos/recipes featuring easy, healthy, semi-homemade recipes that gets your kids cooking in the kitchen?