- Accentuate lashes & brows to frame your face. A lot of light makeup wearers completely forget brows, but even just a light tinted brow gel can make all the difference! It frames your face in such a beautiful way. Lashes too. Those are important, we all know that. I wouldn’t encourage you to wear false lashes if you don’t normally (they’re so damn tricky!) so I’d go with your best volumizing and lengthening mascaras, preferably waterproof if it’s going to be a long night. Here’s what I’d go with:
- Pick an eye look you know flatters your eye color & shape. Don’t force an eyeshadow or eyeliner look that just doesn’t work for you, even if its super trendy right now. I recently shared my go to look for hooded eyes AND brown eyes. If you have either of those, go check that post out!
- Mac Costa Riche – A different colored eyeliner can be a subtle way to bring out your eye color. I adore Mac’s Costa Riche on my brown eyes and I’ve also heard it looks great on green or blue, so basically everyone needs to try this. It immediately makes my eyes look brighter.
- Check out these tips on winged liner that flatters different eye shapes. My favorite easy liquid liner is Jordana’s Fabuliner.
- Smudge proof lips if you want to do some kissing 😉 And hey, if you’re just having a girls night, eating and plenty of drinking will likely be involved, so smudge proof lips might not be a bad idea….or just your favorite moisturizing lip balm, let’s get real. But back to the smudge proof lips, if you’re eating on date the quickest way to feel awkward as heck is to think you have lipstick all over your face or teeth… fun! Here are my favorites:
- Stila’s Liquid Lipstick in Patina – It’s such a pretty, fairly natural looking mauve shade and it dries down and stays really well.
- Benefit Benetint – When in doubt, go with a stain. It’s great for kissing AND eating. This one is gorg.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey – Apply a few layers and it will not only wear off without looking crazy, but it will stain a bit.
- Natural looking skin is always a winner. I go for a dewy, light to medium coverage foundation and a blush that makes my cheeks look naturally flushed. That being said, if you feel best in higher coverage or a matte finish, go for it. When in doubt though, your own skin shining through is usually your best bet. For this, I recommend:
- Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. If my tips above aren’t “you” then screw my tips, and screw whatever guys on the internet say they like girls to wear. Wear whatever you feel best in and obviously you will look your best. If you try out an intense winged liner for the first time or a bright red that you would never wear, you’ll probably feel so uncomfortable and that will show. So honestly, just do whatever you want 🙂 And when in doubt, use your go-to products that you know work for you.
What are you doing on Valentine’s Day? We’re honestly not doing anything special and I’m TOTALLY okay with that.
Are you big on Valentine’s Day or a hater. I feel like you’re either one or the other 🙂