Hey guys, before I begin, here is a baby pic.
Sorry, I had to. I can’t stop sharing and sending and bragging and staring at him.
Today we’re making burgers! This is usually something I do in the summer, but maybe I’m jumping the gun. I’m definitely craving summer. I thought spring was finally here, then this area was supposed to get hit with the biggest snow storm all year. It wasn’t. The snow was a bit lacking, but the wind and frigid cold was real.
That’s okay, though, this burger works just as well amidst a winter storm as it does in the hot summer months.
Now, I have to say that sometimes I share recipes made from scratch with all real ingredients. This is not one of those times. Sometimes I share more realistic recipes for the real family out there where cutting corners to get a healthy dinner on the table can be a necessity. This is one of those times.
This recipe IS healthy and IS made of mostly whole foods, but I do have you use pesto from a packet in it. You can swap that out for pre-made pesto from the grocery store or make your own! Whatever you’d like, just leave out the oil if you do that. I just decided to go with the easiest version of this recipe- and it’s delicious too, trust me. This one is definitely for those of you with little to no time and a hungry family to feed.
You can feel good about serving them these healthy turkey burgers (with a yummy, gooey surprise in the middle) knowing that they will actually eat it (and enjoy it!) and you won’t have to break a sweat making it.
1-1.5 lbs of ground turkey
1/4 tbs salt
1/2 tbs onion powder
1 packet of Knorr Pesto Sauce
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
4 oz. fresh mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Put baking pan in oven while it preheats.
3. Meanwhile, chop mozzarella into four pieces. Try to make them fairly flat so they do not explode out of the burger, but it’s okay if they do. 🙂
4. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Divide into four even sections.
5. Form meat into four large balls. Press your thumb into each ball to create indentation for the mozzarella.
6. Place mozzarella into the middle and reform the burgers around the mozzarella so that you don’t see any cheese.
7. Take heated pan out of oven. Spray with cooking spray and place the burgers on the pan.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip to the other side and bake 15 more minutes.